Mission: To ensure that properties meet or exceed development standards established by the City Commission through application of the Land Development Code and Comprehensive Plan.
To speak with a Planning & Zoning staff member, call 954-630-4333 Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The City utilizes a "Neighborhood Planning" approach allowing residents, business and other property owners to maintain direct contact with the City planner responsible for their neighborhood. Please refer to the Neighborhood Planning Map for contact information.
The Planning and Zoning Division provides the following services:
- Guides citizens, developers and builders in the processing of development approvals, including site plans, plats, rezoning, conditional uses, and variances
- Reviews site plans, plats, rezoning, and other land development applications to determine compliance with the City's Land Development Code regulations and Comprehensive Plan
- Ensures proposed development uses are consistent and compatible with surrounding zoning districts and uses
- Maintains site data records
- Tracks and monitors development within the City
- Maintains and updates the City's Comprehensive Plan and Land Development Code
- Provides technical assistance to the City Commission, Planning and Zoning Advisory Board and Board of Adjustment
- Presides over Development Review Committee (DRC)
- Conducts special studies
Neighborhood Traffic Committee
The purpose of the Neighborhood Traffic Committee is to administer, evaluate, and implement applications for residential traffic calming and street closures and apply them to the proposed modification of local streets within residential neighborhoods submitted by a neighborhood group. For more information, please call 954.630.4348.