- The next regular City election is scheduled for Tuesday, March 12, 2013.
Voting Hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Notice of Election Advertisement: English and Spanish
- Pursuant to the City Charter, regular City elections are held on the second Tuesday of March of the year in which an election is scheduled.
- The five (5) City Commissioners serve a four-year term of office.
- Persons elected as commission members may only serve for two (2) consecutive terms. A commission member who has served two (2) consecutive terms may not run for election to commission for a two year period.
- Voting in the City of Oakland Park is at large; that is, all registered voters residing in Oakland Park are entitled to vote for one candidate for each seat of the city commission up for election.
- In the March 2013 election, Seats 1 and 5 will be up for election as well as six (6) referenda questions.
Seat 4: Commissioner Jed Shank was unopposed and deemed re-elected.
- Last date to register to vote for the March 2013 election is February 11, 2013.
- List of Polling Place Locations for City Election.
For additional information regarding City elections or eligibility to become a candidate for a City Commission seat, contact the City Clerk at 954-630-4300 or by email.